Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crafty and Creative: Craving a little DIY

So I have really been longing for a good DIY project. While searching through my various internet bookmarks for inspiration today I came across some great home decor DIY's, and I had to share some of the best with you. Next time you're in the mood for a little crafting or creativity... grab your tools {or your favorite handyman!} and give one of these projects a whirl!



How fab is this piece? A fairly simple box build. Home Depot will cut your wood to size for free, though you will still need to miter the edges on your own. Plus I'm thinking it could easily be adapted to function as a storage box as well. 




I have two of these little guys sitting in my garage right now, as they are none to pretty to look at. I'm thinking a perk me up with one of these simple sewed slipcovers could be an easy fix!




 I Loved this one! Nailhead trim, 2 ikea Lack side tables at $7 a piece, a rubber mallet, and some gorilla glue. DONE. 




Another mirrored project. Can you tell I'm craving a little *glam* in my world? Super easy, this one is made using 3x3" mirrored tiles, but you could easily use 12x12" tiles for a larger version.




Again with the Glam factor! So fun!




These pretty little numbers were inspired by a table from Anthropologie, which cost a pretty little penny. These were built using an $18 ikea chest, wooden legs, decorative molding, and knobs from Home Depot, and ran about $90 total. Not bad considering the inspiration piece was well over $500. Perfect for a small space~and they are just so pretty!


Makeover an Ikea Rast Dresser







Seriously? How fabulous are these? At $35 a pop for each Rast chest, you can afford to get a little adventurous in your creativity!


Last, but not least... Have a big blank wall? How about a DIY Floating Credenza~using Ikea Kitchen Cabinets! {photo via Made by Girl, excellent tutorial on this project via apartment therapy


What a great look! I don't have the space for this in our apartment, but will keep this project filed away in case I do someday. Are you inspired yet? I know I am! Now I'm just not sure what I want to tackle first!

♥Jen










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love for you to share your thoughts!

♥Jen