Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting it All Together...

I seem to be on an organizing kick as of late. This was probably prompted by the craziness of the last few weeks, with school starting for both little one and I. I struggled to get it all done: the homework, research for papers and class discussion, dropping off and picking up little one, grocery shopping, meal times, working out, keeping up with blogging, ect. I simply am not able to do it all without a plan. I quickly discovered that I was in desperate need of a time management makeover. So here goes...

Step 1: Organization

I've had various forms of planners or some planning app in my life forever, but they were hardly ever used as they just weren't functional in some facet. The dayplanner was too big to fit in my purse, so it never came with and I wasn't able to jot down notes or new to-do's and appointments as they came up. Running outlook on my blackberry is touch and go, and doesn't transfer information half the time. So I did some research online over the weekend and came up with this:


The myAgenda mini Dayplanner by momAgenda

momAgenda has some excellent downloadable printables that mimic their unique week at a view format, as seen below. So I was able to actually try out the format to see if it worked for me. And it did. I needed something with enough space to plan out my day to day mommy business and study time, as well as space to track all my assignments so nothing is ever lost in the mix. The myAgenda mini is also the perfect size for tossing in my purse: 5" x 7".


I think this well help dramatically with my time management... We shall see!

Second on the organization to-do list is meal planning. I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but it just hasn't happened. My recipes are all over the place, in various books and files on my computer and it just seemed like to much work to pull it all together. Enter ZipList.com. This AWESOME app has both mobile (iphone and android) versions and its main online platform. ZipList allows you to search and save recipes from over 100 different online sources, which you can easily organize by various categories. Then with the click of your mouse, you can add all or individual items from the recipes to your weekly shopping list. This makes me one happy momma! So, menu planning and shopping are all super simplified! In honor of ZipList, I'm committing to a new series, Menu Plan Monday, in addition to my regular Monday post. I'll be sharing with all of you, and the readers of orgjunkie.com, my weekly meal plans.


So, I'll keep you all posted and share my progress on this getting it all together project. Next up: getting rid of the clutter. So excited for that!

♥ Jen

photo credits: momagenda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love for you to share your thoughts!

♥Jen