Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Design Inspiration- Tia Zoldan's L.A. Home (circa 2007)

As one of my first posts, I thought I'd share one of the first homes that truly inspired me. These pictures were originally published several years ago in the now defunct Cottage Living shelter mag. At the time this was the home of the fabulous L.A. based interior designer Tia Zoldan, who of course decorated her own home. She has since updated her decor which I'll post for you another time. ☺



I was so inspired by this pictorial because this little house felt like a home. Someplace a family actually lived... not just a series of impeccably designed rooms hellbent on making beautiful pictorial... even if that means visitors were afraid to sit or touch anything. This home is chic and stylish, while maintaining the family's personality and appearing comfortable. The designers use of classic foundation pieces (the comfy white sofa, the farmhouse dining table) intermixed with the more modern (coffee table & artwork) and colorful pieces (the teal ottoman, green armoire) give this home that perfectly eclectic mix of style and substance that so many of us (me!) have attempted to recreate in our own homes.









While my own tastes tend to lean towards a bit more of a clean, neutral, look with touches of glamour via a gold table or gilded mirror here or there, I've never forgotten this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love for you to share your thoughts!

♥Jen