Friday, July 6, 2012

INSTANT HOME UPDATE: BRING THE GLAM OUTDOORS

While I don't have the pleasure of walking out my patio doors every morning to a view like this:



I am incredibly blessed to live in a beautiful city. We are within walking distance to more than 6 parks and three beaches fronting Lake Washington. One of the downsides to living in such a fantastic location is that unless you have a multi-million dollar bank account, having a spacious backyard to landscape and enjoy just isn't likely. We are lucky enough to have an apartment with a spacious walk-out patio. Now, oftentimes this is a highly neglected area in a rental. It is what it is--a blank slate--and most people leave it that way. I however, would love to entice you to explore the many possibilities that embracing that extra space can offer. An outdoor living room, a garden, a party and barbecue zone...there are so many options. And the best way to bring warmth and life to an outdoor space is a really simple, budget-friendly formula...

All weather rug + Bistro Set + Umbrella + Container Plantings + a Few Fabulous Accessories

You can easily manage a quick patio redesign in a day, and should definitely be able to keep it budget-friendly with some savvy shopping choices. Ikea, and Target usually have some fun lower cost items, or you can search Craigslist. As my design aesthetic lends towards comfortable modern classic with a touch of glam, I've thrown together some pieces which would make an ideal backyard retreat.

Easy Glam Patio


Z Gallerie - Faceted Crystal Sphere, $35


Can I just say I would LOVE to have potted citrus trees?!? Sadly, they simply will not survive in Seattle's mostly gloomy weather. Sigh. C'est la vie! I'd have to switch those out with some more climate appropriate plants. Well, I've certainly inspired myself to make better use of my outdoor space, and I truly hope you'll consider how you can best use yours!


♥ Jen

photo via BHG.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love for you to share your thoughts!

♥Jen