Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Free!!!


Well, from school anyway...until January! I've been unintentionally absent for the past few weeks, as I've just completed my first full quarter of classes in more than 10 years. I must say, it was harder than I thought it would be. Balancing the workload from school, and my little one, along with normal everyday life was quite a challenge. But, apparently I'm up for it... even though I don't feel like it a lot of the time. I received straight A's in all of my classes. My little one is happy, and doing well. My apartment is fairly neat. Meals have been cooked. Laundry's been done. Puppy has been walked. So, all in all, I suppose even though I feel overwhelmed most of the time, I'm actually doing okay at this. 

I've still got such a long way to go. Better yet, I still have yet to determine where exactly I want to go. There are so many things that I love... How do I decide what to focus on for the near future? I've considered such a wide spectrum of career paths... Nurse Practitioner, Lawyer, Interior Design, Fashion Management/Marketing, Esthetician/Cosmetology, General Business, Human Resource Management, are a few... What to do? Excluding sudden success in my dream job {professional singer, who also founds a charity program benefiting children in need, designs a boutique fashion line and owns an organic cafe and bakery--yup...really!} my current plan is to simply finish up my A.A. in business, and go from there. But, I'll need to decide what to do from that point fairly quickly--Particularly if I elect to move towards a trade focus such as interior design or cosmetology, as these require additional specialty training. I have such a strong creative streak, as well as a desire to "make a difference" by helping others, all while performing a job that is at least somewhat challenging intellectually... Not to mention the fact that whatever I choose to do needs to earn a salary high enough to live on {which in my mind, is at least 60k annually}... That's quite a list that my potential career needs to fulfill. 

So that's what has been tumbling around in my head for the last few weeks, in addition to Christmas lists and Birthday plans... What am I doing with my life??? You know, just small stuff, no big deal. ☺ 
Hope all is well in your world!


♥ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love for you to share your thoughts!

♥Jen